Starrcade 1989 - Future Shock
1989-12-13, The Omni, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The event featured a tag team and a singles tournament, competed in
matches with 15 minute time limits. Pinfall or submission victory
scored 20 points, count-out 15, disqualification 10, and a draw
awarded 5 points to each participant.
Tag team tournament
- Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott) def. Doom (Ron Simmons & Butch Reed) [w/Woman & Nitron] (CO)
In the first match in the tag team torunament,
Steiner Brothers win when Simmons is counted out,
scoring 15 points in the tournament.
- Lex Luger (US champion) def. Sting
In the first match in the singles tournament, Luger, with
his feet on the ropes, pins Sting with less than thirty seconds
remaining, scoring 20 points in the tournament.
- Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) [w/Precious Paul Ellering] def. Doom
Animal pins Reed for 20 points.
- Ric Flair [w/Ole & Arn Anderson] (NWA champion) def.
Great Muta [w/Gary Hart] (TV champion)
Flair quickly pins Muta for 20 points, becoming the first
to pin Muta in WCW.
- Steiner Brothers def. Road Warriors
Scott pinned Animal for 20 points.
- Sting def. Great Muta
Sting pinned Muta for 20 points.
- Wild Samoans (Samoan Savage & Fatu) [w/Big Kahuna] def. Doom
Fatu pins Reed after Kahuna pushes him into the pin, for
- Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger (TLD)
The match ends in a time-limit draw while Flair had Luger
in a figure-four leglock, giving both participants 5 points
- Wild Samoans def. Steiner Brothers (DQ)
Scott is disqualified for sending Fatu over the top rope,
giving the Samoans 10 points.
- Lex Luger def. Great Muta (DQ)
Luger came limping into the ring, but eventually won the match
when Muta was disqualified after spraying green mist in Luger's
face, giving Luger 10 points.
- Road Warriors def. Wild Samoans
Hawk pins Samoan Savage to win the match and the tag team
- Sting def. Ric Flair
Sting pins Flair to win the match and the tournament.