Starrcade 1985 - The Gathering
The Omni, Atlanta, Georgia & Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North
[O] marks matches held at The Omni, [G] marks matches held at Greensboro.
- [G] NWA Mid-Atlantic championship: Khrusher Khrushchev def. Sam Houston
Khrushchev wins the vacant title by pinfall.
- [O] Mexican death match: "Ragin' Bull" Manny Fernandez def. Abdullah the
Butcher [w/Paul Jones]
No disqualification, no count-out; Fernandez won the match
by climbing a pole to retrieve Fernandez' sombrero that was suspended
- [G] Texas bull rope match: "Cowboy" Ron Bass def. Black Bart [w/J. J.
Stipulation: If Bass wins, he gets an additional five-minute
Texas bull rope match against J. J. Dillon.
- [G] Texas bull rope match: J. J. Dillon def. Ron Bass
Dillon wins by pinfall after interference from Black
- [O] Arm wrestling challenge: "Superstar" Billy Graham def. The Barbarian
[w/Paul Jones] (DQ)
The winner received $10,000. Barbarian had his right hand in
a cast, so they used their left hand. Barbarian was disqualified when
Paul Jones interfered.
- [O] Grudge match: "Superstar" Billy Graham def. The Barbarian (DQ)
The impromptu match started immediately following the arm
wrestling match. Again Barbarian was disqualified when his manager
- [G] NWA national heavyweight championship: "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell
[w/J. J. Dillon] def. Terry Taylor (ch)
Buddy Landell scores a pinfall victory and wins the
- [O] NWA national tag team championship: Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole
& Arn Anderson (ch)) def. Billy Jack Haynes & Wahoo McDaniel
(U.S. tag team champions)
Haynes & McDaniel were NWA US tag team champions at the
time, but these titles were not up for grabs. Arn pinned McDaniels,
with help from Ole, to retain the titles.
- [G] NWA U.S. heavyweight championship ("I quit", cage match): Magnum
T.A. def. Tully Blanchard (ch) [w/Baby Doll]
Magnum wins the title when Blanchard says "I quit".
- [O] Atlanta street fight: "Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant & "Miss
Atlanta Lively" (Ron Garvin) [w/Big Mama] def. Midnight Express
Lively covered Dennis Condrey for the victory, and went on
to attack Cronette.
- [G] NWA world tag team championship (no time limit, no dq, cage match):
Rock'n'Roll Express [w/Don Kernodle] def. Ivan & Nikita Koloff
Ricky Morton pins Ivan for to win the titles.
- [O] NWA world heavyweight championship: "Nature Boy" Ric Flair (ch)
def. "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (DQ)
Rhodes wins the match by pinfall, counted by a replacement
referee. The decision was reversed later by the original referee on
edition of World Championship Wresting, where
Rhodes disqualified in what was to become known as the original "Dusty