Another weird error
Published: Thursday 2005-12-01.
It seems to be my turn to find weird errors at the moment, first it was my mobile phone, now it is a piece of software that started to act weird. Since 1996 I have been keeping track of my bank accounts on my computer, using a simple QBasic program that came with MS-DOS 5.0 (or if it was 6.0), namely Microsoft Money Manager. It is a simple MS-DOS program that sums deposits and withdrawals, which I first was running in regular MS-DOS, then under Windows 95 and now in DOSEMU under Linux.
Microsoft Money Manager.
The program has worked just fine all the time, until a couple of days ago, when it seems that I exceeded the maximum number of transactions the program could handle. Suddenly, when I was adding a deposit in an account, the program thought the balance was zero. Okay, I thought, something went wrong, so I added an item to balance it, but then the program crashed with an error message.
Summing error Money Manager.
Oh well, it was about time to upgrade to something more modern than a ten years old BASIC program anyway, so after a tip I installed KMyMoney. The program doesn’t seem to be quite adapted for European circumstances, for instance I don’t have any “checkings account” (haven’t seen a cheque in many, many years), nor did it have any category for listing a payment with a debit card. But it will have to do for now.
The article is older than a fortnight and has been closed for new comments.
Disclaimer: The comments are copyrighted by their respective authors. The web site owner takes no responsibility for the contents of the comments. Improper comments will be deleted.